As a graduate ambassador you will assist undergraduate students and help them to succeed as they navigate the beginning of their careers in behavioral health. You will be responsible for creating engaging presentations as well as chatting with students one-on-one about their future careers.
All graduate ambassadors will receive mentoring, training, mini-conferences, and a stipend.
We are glad that you have decided to complete the application for the Student Ambassador Program of the HBCU Center for Excellence in Behavioral Health. In order to be considered for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- A current graduate student in “Good Academic Standing” within the fields of Counseling, Nursing, Psychology, Psychiatry or Nursing.
- Currently attending a Historically Black College or University
- Preparing to enter into fieldwork during the upcoming academic year. (Fall to be specific)
If you have met the criteria above, please see the other directions below.
In this form, you will submit the following along with completing general information:
- A current resume/CV
- Unofficial graduate transcripts currently showing that you are in “Good Academic Standing”
- Essay question responses – 2-3 page letter of interest expressing why you would like to serve as a Behavioral Health Ambassador. This should include your research interest, career objectives and how you plan to execute the 20hr per semester time commitment.
Another part of your application is the submission of reference letters.
- Two (2) Letters of Reference – One academic from your current graduate program and one professional (This letter will be submitted electronically via this link:
Successful applicants will be interviewed after proper screening of the application packet has taken place. Your completed packet should be submitted at the same time. Only completed applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that your completed application should be submitted by Noon on April 30, 2019. Should you have any preliminary questions, please feel free to contact Jonathan Wesley (Program Manager) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org